Introducing…Ms. Fogleman!

Introducing...Ms. Fogleman!

Lilus M., Staff Writer

This school-year, Cope has welcomed ten new and outstanding teachers. The teacher that will be featured in this article is Ms. Fogleman. During an interview, she got to talk about herself and share some interesting facts. Let’s get the chance to know her.                                                                                                                                                                                   

This is Ms. Fogleman’s first official year of teaching. Before coming to Cope, she had a long-term substitute position at Moore M.S and another at Beattie M.S. Here at Cope, Ms. Foglman will be teaching 6th grade English and social studies.

Ms. Fogleman watches Christmas movies all year long, loves coffee, and loves Taylor Swift. I mean, who doesn’t? When asked what she does outside of school, Ms. Fogleman replied, “Outside of school, I love going on hikes and going to the beach! I also love to relax by reading and watching movies.” She then added, “I also like playing miniature golf!” At home, she has two pet cats, Arthur and Opal.

Ms. Fogleman says, “This school year, I hope to create a positive, respectful, and strong classroom culture in a virtual classroom setting. It’s so different to be teaching class online, but my hope is to create a virtual classroom environment that feels as close to a physical classroom environment as possible.”  After being asked what inspired her to become a teacher, she responded, “I was fortunate to have amazing teachers when I was in school who helped me succeed. They inspired me to become a teacher! I hope I can do for my students what they did for me!” 

Overall, Ms. Fogleman already seems like an extraordinary teacher. The 6th graders who have her as a teacher will surely have a great school year. Ms. Fogleman ended this interview by sharing her favorite quote from the movie “10 Things I Hate About You”: “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. Go for it.”