The student news site of Cope Middle School
  • February 23Jogathon is on March 10th. This is a fundraiser. A minimum of $15 is due March 3rd.

• February 13Donate cat and dog food to I-27 for the CJSF Paws and Claws Food Drive.

• October 31Buy a yearbook now at its lowest price for only $45. Click on the link on the Cope web page.

• September 27College Wear Wedenesday! Wear your favorite college clothes every Wednesday!

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Katie T., Staff Writer

Have you heard about food banks?  If you have not, then you should know that they help people a lot.  This organization provides free food, groceries, and other forms of non-financial support to children and families who struggle to keep food on their tables due to taxes and basic items.  Food banks are non-profit organizations that collect and distribute food to hunger relief charities.  They rely on government agencies and the generosity of the community to support them on providing food to individuals and families in need.  One of the government agencies that food banks rely on the most is food pantries.  Food pantries are the arms that reach out to the community directly.  They are run by a wide range of organizations, charities, non-profits, and government affiliated agencies.If you are a person that is interested in helping out, you can donate food to some of the local organizations.  There is the Helping Hands Pantry in San Bernardino and the Blessing Center in Redlands.  These organizations greatly help out our communities and give away a lot of food that could have been wasted, so if you help out to, it will be greatly appreciated by everyone in our community.