Red Ribbon Week

Red Ribbon Week

Subhadra M., Staff Writer

This week, October 26-30, is going to be Red Ribbon Week! This year’s theme is “be happy, be brave, be drug-free.” There are a lot of ways to participate in the week’s activities!

There will be dress-up days all week like there usually are in person. Here’s what to wear:

Monday: Wear Red Day! Show your “support against drug and tobacco use.”

Tuesday: “be brave, be drug-free.” In other words, it’s Superhero Day! Dress up as a hero.

Wednesday: School Spirit Day – wear your school gear!

Thursday: “put a cap on drugs.” It’s Hat Day!

Friday: “don’t be afraid to say no to drugs.” Wear a Spooky Costume.

The fun doesn’t stop there! There is a Google Classroom for Cope’s Red Ribbon Week. The join code is ccldiwr. It will be where most of the updates are posted for the spirit week.

Once you join, you will see an assignment: Cope RRW Virtual 5K. Starting Friday, October 23, and ending a week after that on Friday, October 30, the Virtual 5K is a three-mile run/walk. Get your parent/guardian’s permission before you participate. If you have obtained permission and completed the 5K, take a picture of your fitness tracker and submit it underneath the assignment. That way, you have proof that you’ve participated, and, here’s the best part, you will be entered into a raffle for a Cope Hydroflask! The same prize will be given to the fastest boy and girl in the school.

As you may already know, Cope is having picture days from October 27-29. There will be a red carpet for you to walk along, and “paparazzi” (that’s our Yearbook staff) will be taking photos. While you’re there, you can also pledge to be drug-free!

Students can also participate in a contest to create a mask design themed as “Red Ribbon Week!” Once the assignment is posted, you can upload a photo to it and submit it. There’s a chance to win a $25 Jamba Juice gift card. If you don’t have an actual mask to make a design for, there will also be a template attached for you to make a digitally-decorated mask.

This year’s Red Ribbon Week is mostly going to be virtual, but it will still be just as fun as all of the years past (if not more so). Make sure to participate in the activities for the coming week. Stay drug-free and have a wonderful Red Ribbon Week, Cope Eagles!