How to Check Out Books From Cope M.S. and Smiley Libraries

Josephine H., Staff Writer

This week, A. K. Smiley Public Library announced that all RUSD students (regardless of address or age) will be able to apply for a temporary digital library card! This digital library card will give you access to ebooks, magazines, newspapers, and much more. You can also get a physical (permanent) library card which gives you access to the entire physical library’s books and magazines AND the digital library. All you must do is to go to the library and inquire about the card. Parent/Guardian permission is required for both cards. The digital card will expire on August 31st, 2021, but you can renew it as long as you are enrolled in RUSD. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Zinner (our school librarian), ask on the library google classroom, or ask at the A. K. Smiley Public Library’s front desk.

Link to application: Temporary eLibrary Cards 

Also, it has come to our attention that you can now check out books from our school library! There are only 5 simple steps to check out a book:

Step 1:  Search the Destiny Discover Library Catalog to find the book that you would like to check out (please make sure it is available before requesting). Take note of the title and the author.

Step 2:  Click on the link below to complete the book request form.

Step 3:  Wait for an email from the school (it will be sent to your Redlands Google email) letting you know that the book is ready for pickup.  

Step 4:  Once you have received the email, come to the front office to pick up the book (on Mondays-Fridays) from 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM.

Step 5:  Enjoy the book!  When finished, please bring the book back to the front office to turn in.

Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZmEFNzgc2JndKkUcuzUtOx8p_nMJ2weOGyY1xahws1j5VEw/viewform?authuser=0

Browse the School Library’s Catalog: https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/62372