How to Get Good Grades

Marlon M., Staff Writer

With progress reports coming out, everyone is anxious about receiving their grades. If you have received one, then this article might be helpful to you. Here are a few tips on helping you to raise your grades for the semester.

First of all, stay organized. Failing to do so is one of the most deadly grade killers. Staying organized will help you keep up with your work, remember homework, and lead to a more straightforward workflow. To do this, use your planner and a calendar to help you remember your assignments and important dates. Additionally, Google classroom and Aeries are great tools. Check them often and you will never get behind. Utilize lists to write down tasks that you plan to complete. And remember, an organized workplace leads to a more organized mind. 

Secondly, use your time wisely. Wasting time watching cute cat videos on youtube is procrastination, which is not the best way to manage your time, to put it mildly. Be sure to do the assignments that are due the soonest first, and reward yourself with breaks or a little snack here and there. Remember, a minute saved is a mute earned…hold on… I think it was pennies….

Finally, I have three words for you. Study, study, study! Doing this doesn’t have to take long. Writing down a quick three-sentence summary of the topic discussed in class should be enough. Then, when the day comes, you will be able to read over your notes and do well on your test. 

Getting good grades seems like a daunting task, but it isn’t. Remember, stay organized, use your time wisely, and study. With these tips, you will be well on your way to becoming an A+ student.