New Teacher: Ms. Bicher

New Teacher: Ms. Bicher

Marlon M.

The school year has started in a very strange and interesting way. But one new teacher at Cope is here to make distance learning a little more pleasant. This teacher is Ms. Bicher, Cope’s newest 7th grade English teacher.  She is new at Cope but has two years of teaching seventh grade English at Moore under her belt. She says her favorite part of teaching is,” … all of you! I really love working with my students and feel like it is an honor to be able to teach them and help shape them as young adults. I had a couple of impactful teachers when I was younger, and I feel like I get to now pay that forward.” 

Ms. Bicher is passionate about many things. She enjoys reading, traveling, going to live sporting events and performances, and spending time outdoors. However, her favorite thing to do is to spend time with her daughter, Ava. Ms. Bicher also has an interesting background. She was in the Y circus as a kid and even danced competitively. Another interesting fact about her is that she is a certified makeup artist, went to Oxford, and traveled to ten countries while she was in Europe.

The final question that I asked Ms. Bicher was, “What is something you’d like Cope students to know about you?” She responded with, “I want Cope students to know that I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful campus. I grew up in Redlands and attended school here from K-12, so it’s so wonderful being able to now teach here.” 

Welcome to Cope, Ms. Bicher!