Valentine’s Day Wrap-Up

Back to Article
Back to Article

Valentine’s Day Wrap-Up

Halley K., Staff Writer

Everyone’s favorite holiday (at least, in the “love department” for holidays) is now over! Say goodbye, people. It’s gone. So, now that V-Day is over, what to do? Twiddle thumbs? Play footsie with the boy who sits across from you in  English class? I think not. In fact, I think that we should celebrate Valentine’s Day  by talking about what some of us (mainly me) did.

As most middle schoolers know, students like to celebrate Valentine’s Day by presenting a teddy bear or chocolate to their person. They also know that the majority of students don’t do that. So, one may ask, what do they do? Well, that’s easy to answer! Nothing. It’s like any other day. So if you saw a student giving someone a bear, it’s okay if you didn’t get one. Valentine’s Day, in the grand scheme of things, is not of utmost importance to 12- and 13-year olds.

But what did single people do? Well, for instance, my mother got me a Parks and Recreation shirt (YAS!), a few pieces of caramel and chocolate, and a card. In return, I gave her a card, as well as my father. My brother got the same thing.

Other students might have gotten similar gifts, like a package of chocolate coins, or maybe even a flower. Either way, even if you didn’t get a gift, it doesn’t mean anything. Gifts do not express love. Quality over quantity, people! Quality over quantity!

So, whether or not you’re single, or your parents got you a gift, it doesn’t matter. Valentine’s Day isn’t for us anyway. It’s for lovebirds.

Anywho, I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day and that you know you’re loved. Next up: St. Patty’s Day! Onward!