The Talon

• November 14Get your vitarain in H-22 for $1 before it runs out.

• November 14Get your 8th grader a personalized ad in this year's Yearbook.

• November 13Come get your lost items from the lost and found in the student center.

• November 8Get your forms for the ski/snowboard club now. Turn them in by Dec. 13.

• November 8Chess club meets every Fri. in M-51, during 2nd lunch.

The Kids Behind Kindness

Michelle L., Staff Writer

One of the most important keys to a great school is the students. The students create a wonderful community with each other by doing one simple trick, being kind. Their kindness clearly shows, especially to their teachers! Many teachers enjoy seeing students caring, helping, and looking out for their peers. Kindness is absolutely one of a teacher’s favorite things to see.

Mr. Boursaw had many remarkable things to say about his class. To him, kindness really stands out. Kids that show kindness on a regular basis are: Deanna Morgan, Brooklyn Hicks, Faith Sinaga, Jase Gooden, Arghyo Chakma, Alexis Perrenoud, Devon Fletcher, Brien Grinnan, Josie Faulkner, and Luke Baring.These students are kind to everyone in their class. Best of all, they help others without being asked to. This really shows how compassionate some of his students are. The environment in his room is not just a classroom, but a community. As a teacher, this makes him want to work harder.

Mr. Fitz’s class is filled with outstanding students such as: Allison Allspan, Bianca Gariby, Julia Houston, Keona Winkler, Will Garrick, Ethan Giddings, and Harrison Faulkner. are some of those people. These students notice classmates that are left out, sad, or need help. Not every student does that kind of thing, and that is what makes the ones who do stand out. For Mr. Fitz, students caring and being kind to each other means the world to him. These things make him teary. He believes that watching kids help others is beautiful and is better than any test score.

Mrs. Spencer’s students are very compassionate to each other. Some of her great students are: Ryan Giddings, Jake McKee, Rori Cemer, Natasha Burtch, Sofia Chanure, and Verona Fam. Many of  her students are polite, genuinely kind, and work hard on a regular basis. It is always a pleasure for Mrs. Spencer to see how her students treat each other.

Ms. Tejeiro has students who are constantly helpful. Some of her kindest kids are: Genesis Velez, Gyron Altair, Emily Seki, Xhantel Pineda, Ria Shad, and Rose Wallis, Whenever a student is confused or needs help, they are the ones to help them. They often assist the classmates around them and some even help the teacher with small tasks. Ms. Tejeiro appreciates the students who take their time to do these things.

Cope has many wonderful and bright students on its campus. Their kindness shines through and is appreciated by many of their teachers. Being kind and caring is important to build a friendly environment and to put a smile on people’s faces.

About the Writer
Michelle L., Staff Writer

Michelle is an 8th grade writer for Cope Middle School's online and printed paper. This is her first year in Journalism. She enjoys writing about Cope's...