The Talon

• October 15The deadline for box tops is this Fri. 10/18.

• October 15If you're in CJSF, and want to win a free trip to Disneyland, come to I-27, this Wed.

• October 15Donate all of your unwanted books to I-27 for the annual Used Book Sale.

• October 15Come to the chess club meetings on Fri. during 2nd lunch.

• October 8Are you missing anything? All lost items will get donated soon.

Festive Fall Foods

Lia M., staff writer

Festive Fall Foods

By Lia McCann

Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for what you have and then having a big meal. Between having turkey and different side dishes, things could go wrong.  Some recipes are not always good, so here are some delicious ideas.

Potato Casserole:

This method for potatoes casserole is tasty and all you need are 6 large baking potatoes, milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, garlic, and shredded cheese.

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Place the potatoes and salt in a pressure cooker with water to cover and boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes until cooked, about 5 minutes. (If you do not have a pressure cooker, boil the potatoes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt until tender, about 20 minutes.) Add the milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, butter, garlic salt, pepper and cheese to a stand mixer. Whip the mixture until thoroughly combined. Drain the potatoes and add to the mixer. Place in a pan and cook then you are good to go. Food network

Dessert is always good especially when its made with pumpkin.. All you need is a can of

roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies, tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, Saveccccctgtetgbl3’5ymanned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)Save $, package (8 oz) cream cheese, and Spowdered sugar.

Directions

Heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit then mix together the pumpkin and pumpkins spice. Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart the bake for 14 to 16 minutes. While that’s baking melt the cream cheese and then add the powdered sugar slowly. Once the cookies and cool spread this on top and they are all done and ready to be eaten. Pillsbury.com

There are some easy thanksgiving recipes to make and impress everyone and taste amazing at the same time.

About the Writer
Lia M., Layout edtor
Lia McCann is the 2018-2019 layout editor. This is Lia’s second year in Journalism. As layout editor Lia help everyone to make sure their articles and layout are properly done.