The Talon

• May 30All lockers will be cleared Friday, June 1.

• May 30The lost and found final pick up is in the student center on the last day of school

• May 30There will be no 8th grade athletics meeting this year, ask your HS for details

• May 15If you would like to sign up for band, orchestra, or percussion go to L-40

• May 7The 8th grade Knott's trip money is due May. 26th and the trip is June 4th

Shoppers . . . Start Your Engines!

?

?

Katie T., SNO Editor

Forget eating turkey, this year’s Black Friday is more like “Gray Thursday”, with many stores opening on Thanksgiving instead of waiting for Friday. This insane day is the official start to the holiday shopping season where stores offer extraordinarily great deals. These deals make people want to break down the stores’ doors and buy everything that the stores have. In addition, the great deals cause many battles and fights between shoppers, even if they are only buying a small stuffed animal for their child. So when do the festivities begin?

If you are curious what time the stores you are targeting will open, many of those times are already available. While a handful of stores are waiting until Friday to begin the Black Friday madness, most are opening some time Thursday evening.  JCPenney is starting things off at 3 pm, followed by Toys R Us, Macy’s, and Best Buy at 5pm.  Target and Walmart are opening at 6 pm, along with Sears and Kohl’s.  You will need to line up early for the bigger stores.  Watch out for people trying to cut in line!  K-mart is one of the last major stores to open up at 7 pm.  Home Depot decided to wait until Friday, with a 6am opening time.  Sam’s Club is also opening Friday morning, at 7 am.  There are many other stores open and if one of those were not listed then you can go to theblackfriday.com, where they post the hours as soon as they become available.  They will also have all of the ads.

Hopefully, these facts help your family manage the stores more easily on Black Friday/Thursday so you can rack up the good deals. Good luck dealing with the tremendous crowds of people and finding the best deals in town!  Happy Thanks-shop-giving!!!