The Talon

• January 22The bus list for the upcoming Museum of Tolerance field trip will be posted after school today. Go to H-23 if your name does not appear on the list.

• January 22Cope is starting a new club called Codes. In this club, students will get to code. Go to the Student Center for more information.

• January 14Due to the weather, hot chocolate and donuts will be sold on 1/18, 2/22, and 2/24, in the morning.

• January 14All 7th graders, turn in your permission slip to your homeroom class by Feb. 1st.

• January 11There are chess club meetings held every Fri. during second lunch in M-51. Make sure to join!

Small Business Saturday Stores

Back to Article
Back to Article

Small Business Saturday Stores

Jackson S., Staff Writer

Small Business Saturday is coming up! It is a day created to balance out the huge corporations’ (i.e. Walmart, Target, etc.) money boom from Black Friday by giving the same treatment to small businesses all over America. Redlands has many amazing local businesses in the downtown area that are perfect to go to for this occasion. So, without further ado, here are some of the best local stores in Redlands!

Olive Ave. Market: O.A.M, as many call it, is a coffee shop/bakery with amazing sandwiches. It is located on, you guessed it, Olive Ave.

Sweet Memories: Sweet Memories is a fantastic novelty store selling everything from prank material to gag gifts to crazy socks to candy. It’s perfect for gag gifts and fun -and hilarious- knick knacks. It is located at 24 E. State St.

Gourmet Pizza: This restaurant is one most people have already heard of. Its slogan “On a pizza?!” pretty much sums up the food. Their pizza may have strange toppings sometimes, but they are very delicious.

A la Minute: Another popular location, A la Minute has a very unique way of making their fantastic ice cream: nitrogen. It’s a perfect shop for hot weather.

Restore Kitchen: Restore Kitchen is a relatively new restaurant located on 615 W. State Street.  Their tempting menu is full of amazing farm-to-table breakfast. Yep, they’re a gourmet all-day breakfast restaurant. It’s much healthier than any big-box all-day breakfast shops (McDonalds.)

Shop Called Quest: This next shop is for all the nerds out there. It’s our very own local comic store! They have a huge selection of every single comic you can think of. Action, super hero, manga, biographical, you name it, they have it. It’s located at 5 East Citrus Ave.

Augie’s Coffee House: Augie’s is an amazing coffee and tea shop, perfect for studying, reading, or anything else. It’s located downtown at 113 N. 5th St.

I hope you enjoy Small Business Saturday! Happy shopping!

About the Writer
Jackson S., Staff Writer

Jackson is a 8th grade staff writer for both thetalononline.org and The Talon newspaper. This is his first year in journalism.