The Talon

• February 12Friday, Feb.16 is Hat Day! Wear your hats but the dress code still applies for symbols

• February 12You can still register for the RUSD fair at Moore Feb. 15, 6-8.

• February 12Registration for summer school starts March 1st. Fliers in the student center

• February 12To see the latest Vid. Production Video, click on the link on thetalononline.org

• February 5Run Club is back for Spring! First practice is Feb. 9th. Come dressed to run

Small Business Saturday Stores

Jackson S., Staff Writer

Small Business Saturday is coming up! It is a day created to balance out the huge corporations’ (i.e. Walmart, Target, etc.) money boom from Black Friday by giving the same treatment to small businesses all over America. Redlands has many amazing local businesses in the downtown area that are perfect to go to for this occasion. So, without further ado, here are some of the best local stores in Redlands!

Olive Ave. Market: O.A.M, as many call it, is a coffee shop/bakery with amazing sandwiches. It is located on, you guessed it, Olive Ave.

Sweet Memories: Sweet Memories is a fantastic novelty store selling everything from prank material to gag gifts to crazy socks to candy. It’s perfect for gag gifts and fun -and hilarious- knick knacks. It is located at 24 E. State St.

Gourmet Pizza: This restaurant is one most people have already heard of. Its slogan “On a pizza?!” pretty much sums up the food. Their pizza may have strange toppings sometimes, but they are very delicious.

A la Minute: Another popular location, A la Minute has a very unique way of making their fantastic ice cream: nitrogen. It’s a perfect shop for hot weather.

Restore Kitchen: Restore Kitchen is a relatively new restaurant located on 615 W. State Street.  Their tempting menu is full of amazing farm-to-table breakfast. Yep, they’re a gourmet all-day breakfast restaurant. It’s much healthier than any big-box all-day breakfast shops (McDonalds.)

Shop Called Quest: This next shop is for all the nerds out there. It’s our very own local comic store! They have a huge selection of every single comic you can think of. Action, super hero, manga, biographical, you name it, they have it. It’s located at 5 East Citrus Ave.

Augie’s Coffee House: Augie’s is an amazing coffee and tea shop, perfect for studying, reading, or anything else. It’s located downtown at 113 N. 5th St.

I hope you enjoy Small Business Saturday! Happy shopping!