The Talon

• January 22The bus list for the upcoming Museum of Tolerance field trip will be posted after school today. Go to H-23 if your name does not appear on the list.

• January 22Cope is starting a new club called Codes. In this club, students will get to code. Go to the Student Center for more information.

• January 14Due to the weather, hot chocolate and donuts will be sold on 1/18, 2/22, and 2/24, in the morning.

• January 14All 7th graders, turn in your permission slip to your homeroom class by Feb. 1st.

• January 11There are chess club meetings held every Fri. during second lunch in M-51. Make sure to join!

Lights Up Dance Editorial

Jackson S., Staff Writer

The first dance has come and gone. As school dances go, it was decent. However, my biggest complaint is the DJ. In the begining, he was playing newer songs- like “Bodak Yellow” and “Humble”- but near the end he started playing some really old songs (i.e. “Gangnam Style”, “Harlem Shake”, “Party Rock Anthem”, and “Baby”.) It’s not that I don’t enjoy old songs (I liked it when he played “Thriller” and the “Cupid Shuffle”) but these ancient pop songs he played are, quite frankly, dead. Another complaint is that the DJ didn’t take requests. And the problem is, the DJs at our dancesĀ never take requests. My suggestion to ASB is to hire a DJ who will take requests. I think students will enjoy the dances so much more if they can choose the songs. Personally, I liked the quiz we did for the formal dance last year, so if we could do that again, maybe it would help. As for the decorations, they were actually pretty good, although the theme itself had nothing to do with fall and was kind of random. All in all, however, the dance was fun.

About the Writer
Jackson S., Staff Writer

Jackson is a 8th grade staff writer for both thetalononline.org and The Talon newspaper. This is his first year in journalism.