The Talon

• May 6Show your teacher that you appreciate them throughout the week.

• April 30The end of the year party will be held this Friday. Come and join the fun!

• April 30Attention 8th graders: the deadline for permission slips for the end of the year trip has been moved to this Fri.

Oldies but Goodies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Oldies but Goodies

Travisl., layout

We as all children have watched shows that go back to our child hood. Now they just play some shows that are really dumb. The lists of the shows that they air now include; Henry Danger, The Loud House, Game Shakers, Power Rangers etc. The shows that we all used to watch were; The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, The Fairly Odd Parents, SpongeBob Square Pants etc. I really think that they should throwback these old shows.

1 Comment

One Response to “Oldies but Goodies”

1. gAf on December 11th, 2017 4:12 pm

I would like to say that for the most part I agree. Recent sit-coms and shows by nickelodean are lacking in original, creative, and subtle humor. Nick (and other networks) are becoming more reliant on humor that revolves around throw-away gags and random humor. This is obviously contrast between the clever, and profound humor Nick had once had. The reason behind this is probably is due to cartoon channels realizing that they do not have to put effort into what they are making. Henry Danger and GameShakers just proves that humor does not have to be developed to be found funny by ignorant kids that do not know better. Most humor in Henry Danger just involves someone getting hurt. (Someone fell). That’s the joke. (Someone gets punched). That’s the joke. (Someone is dying with an open blood wound that is on fire while being dumped with lemon juice). Thats the joke (That didn’t actually happen but with the downward spiral Nicks on it might as well had happened). It is not clever. It appeals to the most broad of audience. The only thing I disagree with on this article, is the fact you included “Loud House” on the groups of “really dumb”. “Loud House” I can agree does not stand up to “Fairly Odd Parents” nor “SpongeBob Square Pants”. However, that’s only because its not special. Which is not a bad thing. Loud House does everything right, and nothing special. Personally I am in love with the characters, concept, and art direction, but that still does not change the fact that most of what “Loud House” is doing, has or had already been done. “SpongeBob Square Pants” and “Fairly Odd Parents” are reguarded as great shows because they go beyond what is expected. While “Loud House” does everything right, and nothing new. I just realized that my comment is longer than the article itself, and probably no one will care I wrote this. So I guess that’s 10 minutes I’m not getting back. Thanks for reading kinda.

-gAf

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Is Homework Beneficial?

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

The Truth About New Year’s Resolutions

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Fall Is Upon the People: But Is it Really?

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Wikipedia: Trustworthy or Not?

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Target vs Walmart

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Costumes NOT to Wear This Halloween

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Lights Up Dance Editorial

• Opinion

School: The Cool and the Cruel

• Oldies but Goodies

Opinion

Ed. Weekend Homework

• Opinion

Cope Spirit Day

The student news site of Cope Middle School
Oldies but Goodies