The New Teacher On The Block

The New Teacher On The Block

Krista L.

His favorite subject is math and he’s a new teacher in room M-51. You probably know who I am talking about… Mr. Clarey! Ever since Mr. Rothe has left, he took up his spot and is now a teacher at Cope. Mr. Clarey had taught math in the past at Clement and Redlands East Valley High. Both sites were enjoyable, but the biggest change was, “the age difference between the students. It was fun being able to see how many of the students at REV had come from Clement and see them get excited when I would tell them about how I had just come from there. Also, having athletics be such a big part of the school culture at the high school created a much more dynamic environment.” I asked how his experience teaching at Cope has been so far and he claimed, “It’s great. Everyone has been welcoming.” His reason for teaching is because he loves helping people understand topics. Because of his experience of coaching football, he was inspired to teach. Out of the many branches of math, Mr. Clarey said that his favorite is algebra because it made the most sense. The subject he struggled with the most was English because he hated writing. He considers himself a laidback and relaxed teacher. Mr. Clarey’s favorite motto/saying is, “Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable.” And finally, a word Mr. Clarey wants to say to his students is, “Work hard and stay on task.” Mr. Clarey is an outstanding teacher who wants the best for his students!