Back to School Tips

Back to School Tips

Elena Zhang, Writer

Back to School Tips

Welcome back eagles, to another new school year! Everyone is probably wishing it was still summer and trying not to sleep in until 1 PM, but here are some back to school tips to get back in the swing of things. 

First off, set some goals for yourself. This suggestion might sound overly cliche, but if you don’t have a goal, you don’t know what you’re working for… so some of us don’t work at all. Whether it’s getting straight As or not getting detention, a goal helps you see what you want to become. Don’t wing it, set a goal.

Speaking of not winging it, Prepare, prepare, prepare. I know you’ve probably heard that one too many times (or two) but if you haven’t taken it to mind, do so now! Yes, it has been 2 months since you’ve gone to school, but it doesn’t mean you can’t have a great start to the school year. Remember to check your schedule, rotation schedule, and come with a fully equipped backpack. 

Keep an agenda so you don’t miss any deadlines. Obviously we’ve all noticed how much our teachers pester us about it this year so listen to them. Agendas are massively helpful and every one of us was given one at the beginning of the year. You don’t have to make things fancy, just jot down your homework at the beginning of class. You’ll never miss another homework assignment!

Start the school year strong Eagles! I hope these tips helped, even if you might’ve heard them before. Give them a chance to help you be a better student.