Interested in RHS Sport Camps?

Lilus M., Staff Writer

As you might’ve heard, football, baseball, and volleyball are some of the several sports being offered at RHS. If you’re not really into these three sports, do not fret my friend. There are a couple of other sports that have recently been announced.

Girl’s Soccer:

If you were on the girl’s soccer team here in Cope, you might want to consider doing soccer at RHS. Even if you weren’t on a soccer team before, you can still try soccer out! Anyway, if you’re interested in playing girl’s soccer at RHS, it is recommended that you attend the girl’s soccer freshman camp. The summer camp will only be from July 20-July 22, from 8 a.m-10 a.m. The camp will take place in the Dodge stadium. If you’re interested in attending the camp, it is required that you complete an athletic packet and a clearance card, which can be found on the RHS Athletics website (Click here) You will also need to email Coach Marquez at [email protected] to RSVP. You will get further information from there.

If soccer isn’t for you, there’s also badminton at RHS! Just like soccer, a camp is being offered specifically for badminton. The camp will be from June 21-June 25, from 1:30-4:30 p.m, and will take place at the Terrier Gym. At the camp, you will get taught the basics of badminton and develop your skills. What’s cool is that the camp is free! What’s even cooler and more exciting is that one of the guest instructors will be an RHS alum who is currently a Team USA National player! You don’t want to miss this opportunity, so hurry and sign up because only the first forty sign-ups will automatically get a spot. If you want to register or have any questions, be sure to email Coach Verhoeven at [email protected].

So far, these are the only sports opportunities being offered at RHS. If you want more information about other sports at RHS, be sure to check out this online article (here