Mrs. Goodrich is back — and with her new baby!

Tessa H., Staff Writer

On August 15th, 2020, something very special happened: Brooks Goodrich, Mrs. Goodrich’s son, was born! I got to interview Mrs. Goodrich about her coming back to teach, and — of course — about her baby.

Mrs. Goodrich teaches 8th grade math here at Cope. She went on maternity leave right after the school year had started, so she didn’t get a chance to get to know her students until she came back in January. “It has been great coming back after the first semester,” she says. “I am enjoying distance learning because I am able to see my baby throughout the school day.” That sure is one big plus of remote learning! In response to the question of her student’s reactions of her returning, Mrs. Goodrich replied, “They seemed to be excited and happy that I was back,” she adds, “from what I could tell over Zoom!”

Also, Mrs. Goodrich notes her most treasured parts of being a mom. “I love watching my baby grow and learning new things.” She is glad that she gets to spend time with Brooks during these times. And, he already has lots of favorite things to do! He likes making his own music and “playing on his piano mat,” she says. Brooks has also immediately taken to dancing. 

Let’s all give a warm welcome back to Mrs. Goodrich, and congratulate her on having her son!