The student news site of Cope Middle School

The Talon

• May 31We will be clearing out lockers and checking in school issued locks on Friday, June 2th. Bring a bag to clear out all of your belongings.

• May 258-14 year olds:Check out the summer music academy on July 17-28th. For more information pick up a flyer in the student center.

• May 8You can still buy a Cope shirt for only $13 with ASB Sticker or $15 without.

• October 31Buy a yearbook now. Click on the link on the Cope web page.

• September 27College Wear Wedenesday! Wear your favorite college clothes every Wednesday!

Places to go During Summer

Emily C., Staff Writer

Can’t wait for Summer break? Don’t have anywhere to go? Here is a list of day trips that you and your family can make during summer break.

• Just keep it simple! A day at the park with your family can be really fun! You can plan games to do, fun activities, and you can invite some friends.
  • Need some fun in the sun? You can go down to any beach for the day to relax in the sand. You could also go on a walk down the pier!
  • If you’re looking for adventure, a day trip to Disney Land or California Adventure could give you that. These amusment parks have rides, food, and entertainment to keep you busy all day.
  • If Disney Land isn’t your style, you could always go to Universal Studios! Harry Potter fans, this is your dream come true. They have the Hogwarts castle, Hogsmeade, and Butter Beer!
  • If you just want to get out of the house, you could go to downtown Redlands to go shopping, eat at the various resturaunts, and have dessert at a icecream place or bakery!
  • Another great place to go is Big Bear! Going up to the mountains can be really relaxing, plus you can rent canoes to travel across the lake on. You can also go downtown to enjoy the shops and dessert.
  • If you are chill and just want to get out of the house, going to the movies can waste that empty time. Have a couple of friends meet you at Harkins or Kakorian to watch a movie. After, you can go out to lunch or dinner!

There are a few places that you could go during the summer! If you have any suggestions, comment below and I might add them to the list.