The student news site of Cope Middle School
  • February 23Jogathon is on March 10th. This is a fundraiser. A minimum of $15 is due March 3rd.

• February 13Donate cat and dog food to I-27 for the CJSF Paws and Claws Food Drive.

• October 31Buy a yearbook now at its lowest price for only $45. Click on the link on the Cope web page.

• September 27College Wear Wedenesday! Wear your favorite college clothes every Wednesday!

The Redlands Christmas Parade

Emma M

This past Saturday, December 3rd, was the Redlands Christmas Parade. It was the 26th annual parade. There were street performers, floats, and even Santa Claus! The Cope Band marched down the parade route playing “Christmas March”. The elementary school band performed several songs while wearing tie dyed t-shirts and Santa hats. All of the high schools and middle schools had their marching bands perform. Cope’s ASB created a float that had lights stringing down.  The floats were decorated with bright lights with smiling people. Several organizations created themed floats such as AYSO with their soccer themed float.  One organization had a giant blow up Santa, a Rudolph, and a snowman. There were several other acts that showcased their talents. The YMCA had people doing acrobatics on the floor and there was a girl doing tricks on a high ring. There were the West Side Steppers who performed in their black and purple uniforms. The Redlands School of Dance had girls wearing red polka dot costumes as they danced down the streets of Redlands. Aside from the parade floats there were hundreds of people sitting on the curbs, bundled in blankets and sweaters, watching the parade in amazement while sipping on their hot chocolate and coffees.  All the small children and toddlers’ eyes lit up when they saw Santa Claus and when people passed out candy canes.  Every year the turnout grows larger and larger.