The student news site of Cope Middle School
  • February 23Jogathon is on March 10th. This is a fundraiser. A minimum of $15 is due March 3rd.

• February 13Donate cat and dog food to I-27 for the CJSF Paws and Claws Food Drive.

• October 31Buy a yearbook now at its lowest price for only $45. Click on the link on the Cope web page.

• September 27College Wear Wedenesday! Wear your favorite college clothes every Wednesday!

Mount Sac Invitational

Ashlynn L.

On October 14th, students from Cope Middle School went to Mt. San Antonio College. These students ran from sixth to eighth grade ran a two mile race against many other students from different schools around Southern California. From Cope Middle School there were two eighth grade girls running, Erin King and Ashlynn Lenertz. Joshua Berkebile and Ulysses Galan represented the eighth grade boys from Cope Middle School. Allison Pichard, Sofia Davali And Freya Hendrickson all ran for the seventh grade girls. Unfortunately for these categories Cope did not have enough people to form a team so the team could not place. However the seventh grade boys did have enough runners to place, the team ended up coming in 15th place. The seventh grade runners were Max Devoe, Mike Solano, Samm Berkebile, Dennis Berry, Benjamin Bartlett, Brian Calaguas, Bryce Perry, and Logan Valenti. The sixth grade boys and the sixth grade girls had enough to place as a team, the boys came in 13th place and the girls came in 20th. The runners  Nate Caliva, Henry Yu, Asher Lawson, Alex Brown, Jenaro Rodriquez, Ryan Jackson, Faris Khatib, Jeremy Overson, Andrew Humeston, and Wesley King. The last runners from Cope were the sixth grade girls, Natalie Ramirez, Mayah Ahmed, Elise Perry, and Michelle Clark. All of these runners did a great job running the two mile course.